It’s a wrap – 2019 Melges 24 World Championship is done and dusted and written to the history books bow! Carlo Fracassoli of Maidollis ITA854 and Niccolo Bertola of Taki 4 ITA778 has been added to the Hall of Fame of the International Melges 24 Class Association – both for the third time!
Huge thanks goes to all 61 teams from 15 countries representing Europe, North-America, Asia for making efforts and coming to the 22nd Melges 24 World Championship held in Villasimius, Sardinia, Italy on October 5-12!
Great time with Melges 24 big happy family! The best one-design sportboat, the best class, the best sailors!
International Melges 24 Class Association would like to thank:
- Italian Melges 24 Class for choosing this amazing venue in Villasimius, Sardinia
- Marina di Villasimius and Lega Navale di Villasimius and the members of the Organising Committee.
Special thanks goes to:
- Luca Dessì, Major of Villasimius;
- Sergio Ghiani, President of the Lega Navale Italiana Villasimius;
- Amedeo Ferrigno, Director of Marina di Villasimius;
- Fabrizio Atzori, Director of “Area Marina Protetta Capo Carbonara”;
- Andrea Racchelli, the President of the Italian Melges 24 Class Association.
General thanks to everyone involved in helping to organize the event –
- Shoreside event management team led by Amedeo Ferrigno and Mirco Babini;
- PRO Athanasios Papantoniou and his Race Committee team afloat;
- Jury Chair Arto Kiiski and his team – Eric Mehlbaum (NED), Ron Barak (ISR), Doug Sloan (USA), Piero Occhetto, Tito Morosetti, Marco Giampà and Giorgio Bolla (ITA);
- Head of Race Office Valentina Marrocu;
- Event Chief Measurer Gabor Csernussi (HUN), Chief Equipment Inspector Branko Parunov (SLO) and Measurers Eros Angeli and Gianpaolo Sanna (ITA)
Huge thanks to our media team – Zerogradinord – Mauro Melandri, Silvia Gallegati and Stefano Bacchiani with Matteo Sprecacenere as their boat driver representing Melges Europe ; and our Official Photographer Pierrick Contin. You did an amazing job!
Big thanks also to Luisa Bambozzi, Marco Querci and Matteo Sprecacenere from Melges Europe for all their support before and during the event!
Big thanks goes to Jens Wathne, IM24CA Chairman, David Bartol (SLO), IM24CA Championship Coordinator Europe and Piret Salmistu (EST), IM24CA Class Administrator and Media Coordinator!
Thank you to all the sponsors for their generosity without which the event would not be the same:
- Regione Autonoma Sardegna
- Municipality / Comune of Villasimius
- Melges Europe
- Moby / Tirrenia
- Cagliari Airport
Next we are looking forward to the Worlds 2020 in Charleston, USA from May 1st to 9th.
Here in Europe the next title event will be in wonderful venue – something to plan already now – Melges 24 European Championship 2020 in Portoroz, Slovenia on September 5-12. Save the dates!